25 Blogs Sharing How to Use Essential Oils to Make You Feel Better
Essential oils are extracted from many different plant sources and have been used for thousands of years for various purposes. If you plan to consume an essential oil you have to make sure that it is the highest quality of the oil and the bottle should specify that can be taken ingested. The lower quality oils can be used for aroma therapy, making homemade products and pampering yourself. These 25 blog entries will try to demystify essential oils and help you understand how you can benefit from using them.
Think about how you feel when you smell fresh bread baking in the oven. How about the smell of warm cinnamon rolls or chocolate chip cookies? The body reacts to certain smells and certain scents can actually help you recall memories. However, aroma therapy is more than just memories that are associated with various smells. Different scents can also cause different reactions in your mood and aromatherapy can help fight off airborne germs. For more explanation and examples, take a look at these five blog posts.
- Aromatherapy for Flu and Colds
- DIY: Aromatherapy Jewelry for Your doTERRA Essential Oils
- Celebrate Love with Aromatherapy this February
- Essential Oils and Aromatherapy: The Complete Beginner’s Guide
- Natural Health Remedies with Essential Oils—How to Use Aromatherapy (Part 1)
Do you believe that your foot is connected to your mouth? If you don’t, try this experiment. Rub some fresh garlic on the bottom of your bare foot and wait. After a little while you will actually be able to taste garlic in your mouth. Using essential oils topically will help you feel better because the oils are absorbed through your skin and into your body just like the garlic. Read through these five blog articles for some examples of how to use oils topically to feel better.
- OTC’s Vs. Natural Remedies Using Essential Oils
- New Ways to Apply Essential Oils Topically
- Aromatherapy for Balancing Hormones, Part 1
- Essential Oil Safety
- Carrier Oil—What is it & How Do I Use It?
Taking essential oils into your body can help you feel better in many ways. Before consuming any essential oils, make sure that they are of the highest quality and safe to consume. A homeopathic practitioner can mix oils in various ways to detoxify different areas of your body. Read these examples to learn how to make your own essential oil blends.
- How We Use Essential Oils to Fight Colds and Flus
- Essential Oils Internally…Oh My!
- Essential Oils for Healing
- Natural Essential Oils and Quality Vitamins May Be More Effective Than Traditional Medicine
- Ways to Use Essential Oils to Relieve Stress—Part 3: Ingestion
Essential oils can be used in your bath to relax you and soften your skin. Oils can be sprinkled on your pillow or sheets to help you relax and sleep better. Add a sachet with some essential oils to freshen your clothes. There are many ways to be pampered with essential oils, so take a look at these five blog posts for more examples.
- Warming Essential Oils for Winter and How I Use Them
- Primp & Pamper! Let’s Talk Beauty…
- Make Fragrant Essential Oil Blends
- Weekend Pampering: The New Year Detox
- All-Natural Hair Oil Treatment
Homemade Products with Oils
Make your own bath soap, shower gel or even shampoo by adding essential oils to the mix. Make your own lip balm with a cherry or peppermint scent. Add scent to your favorite unscented hand lotion so that all of your lotions and gels match. Sew up your own hot pack to treat sore muscles or make an eye pillow to lay across your eyes when you are trying to relax after a long day at work. The projects explained on these five blog entries can be used for yourself or you can give them away as gifts or both.